February half term is fast approaching and it is the perfect time to have your child’s eye test booked.
We recommend regular check-ups for all children. Ideally they should have their eyes tested once a year or more often if there seems to be a problem.
Children and adolescents develop rapidly and their eye sight can change equally fast. Poor vision can affect their learning at school and their safety while out and about.
We offer NHS sight tests to all children, which are completely FREE of charge. Not only children are entitled to an NHS test. Here are some other criteria:
You’re entitled to a free NHS sight test if you:
- are under 16
- are 16, 17 or 18 and in full-time education
- are 60 or over
- are registered as partially sighted or blind
- have been diagnosed with diabetes or glaucoma
- are 40 or over and your mother, father, sibling or child has been diagnosed with glaucoma
- have been advised by an eye doctor (ophthalmologist) that you’re at risk of glaucoma
In some cases, the NHS will also give an optical voucher towards the cost of glasses or contact lenses.
Look after your eyes – Book your appointment now 020 8737 99 99.